2019/05/11

模擬考題

1-5 
Caller: Hello, is this the Ambassador Restaurant? 
Waiter: Speaking. May I help you?
Caller: Yes, Yd like to _(1)_ for tonight, please. 
Waiter: Certainly, sir. For how many persons, please? 
Caller: _(2)_ six. 
Waiter: At what time can we _(3)_ you? 
Caller: Oh, at 7:00 tonight. 
Waiter: Would you like a table in the main restaurant or in a private room, sir?  
Caller: In the main restaurant will be fine. 
Waiter: Certainly, sir. _(4)_ at 7 tonight. May I have your name and telephone number, please? 
Caller: Sure. It's Smith and my number is 211-3456. 
Waiter: Thank you very much, Mr. Smith. My name is Wang and we _(5)_ seeing you.
Caller: See you tonight. Goodbye.
Waiter: Goodbye. 
( ) 1. (A) order a table (B) reserve a table (C) set a table (D) preserve a table
( ) 2. (A) A team of (B) A party of (C) A school of (D) A herd of
( ) 3. (A) wait for (B) see (C) expect (D) look forward to 
( ) 4. (A) A table for six (B) A table o$six (C) Six persons' table (D) Six person's table 
( ) 5. (A) expect (B) wait for (C) hope (D) look 
forward to 

A: Why did you decide to travel around the world on a duck?
B: Well, I thought it would be economical. A duck can be used as a boat as well as a car.  
A: But wouldn't you prefer traveling on a comfortable modern airplane? 
B: _(6)_ Traveling by duck is a lot more fun.
A: But it must pretty dangerous. 
B: _(7)_ I traveled only during good weather. 
A: What did you do for food? 
B: I took a lot of canned goods with me. Once in a while _(8)_
A: Well, I hear it took you quite a while to cross the Atlantic. 
B: Twenty-nine days. But the trip across the Pacific took even longer. 
A: _(9)_ l'd like to travel around the world myself someday. But I am afraid it's too expensive.
B: Well, next time I go around the world on  my duck, _(10)_
A: No, thanks. I've seen your duck, and it doesn't look very safe 
( ) 6. (A) No. (B) Yes. (C) Certainly. (D) Indeed! 
( ) 7. (A) Not really. (B) Certainly so. (C) That's it. (D) Of course not. 
( ) 8. (A) I could go on a diet.(B) I tried to plant potatoes, 
(C) I tried to grow some crops. (D) I cooked myself a delicious meal. 
( ) 9. (A) I'm sure you can make it. (B) That's not my business. 
(C) You surely have a good time. (D) I certainly admire your bravery. 
( ) 10. (A) what about a flight with me? (B) how about going along? 
 (C) would you like to come alone? (D) what do you say to a ride on it?
詞彙填空(10%):以下十個題目各有一個空格,並各附有備選單字。請選擇最適合的單字為答案。每題答對得1分,答錯倒扣,不答不給分亦不倒扣。  
( ) 11. If we walk at this slow _____, we'll never get to our destination on time.  
(A) mood (B) pace (C) tide (D) access 
( ) 12. John is the most courageous man in this neighborhood; that is his courage is _____ in this neighborhood.
(A) worldwide (B) reasonable (C) opposite (D) unequaled 
( ) 13. Custom _____ that we should respect the elders. 
(A) limits (B) accounts (C) explains (D) demands
( ) 14. Money can't buy a clear _____; only honesty can. 
(A) conscious (B) coincidence (C) confidence (D) conscience
( ) 15. Whisky is generally 37 _____ alcohol. 
(A) kinds (B) percentage (C) percent (D) quantity
( ) 16. Some problems when starting up a business are _____.
(A) available (B) ignorant (C) overthrown (D) inevitable
( ) 17. The of boys to girls in this school is three to two. 
(A) portion (B) population (C) popularity (D) proportion 
( ) 18. There will be a possibility of serious _____ between employers and employees if things continue as they are. 
(A) contrast (B) comparison (C) conclusion (D) conflict 
( ) 19. In this age of knowledge, I need to learn more because I do not want to be like the "Hollow Man" in The Waste Land, by T.S. Eliot. 
(A) laughed (B) accused (C) rewarded (D) teased
( ) 20. Lily Li has a great for music; she picks up melodies very fast. 
(A) attitude (B) altitude (C) gratitude (D) aptitude 

Idioms and proverbs add color to a language, and they also reveal some ofthe culture behind the language. _(21)_ the most interesting example is the expression "It's raining cats and dogs." Does it mean that cats and dogs _(22)_ come down from the sky? Some people in 17th-century England did believe _(23)_, since many dead bodies of cats and dogs were found (24)_ around after a heavy fall of rain. _(25)_, this idiom simply means "It's raining very hard". There are two more explanations as to _(26)_ this idiom came into being. One comes from the Greek word catadupa, _(27)_ "waterfall." People _(28)_ often thought of waterfalls when it rained heavily. Since catadupa sounds like "cats and dogs," heavy rains came to be described (29) falling cats and dogs._(30)_ stems from the belief of ancient weather prophets that rain was caused by the evil spirits of cats and dogs. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言