2023/05/10

歡樂一家親Frasier

1-1
You eavesdrop on her calls.
excruciating
On top of that, my practice had grown stagnant.
in the tray we call that "Avoidance".
I am not a piece of Lalique. I can handle criticism.
gravel
camellias
listen to people prattling endlessly about their mundane lives
convalescent homes
coleslaw
scoundrels
replica
atelier
eclectic
I'm putting my foot down.
She was casing the joint.
pop into the loo
a live-in position
a snide comment
enchilada combo plate
1-2
tripe內臟
ablution洗漱
floss all the gunk out of your teeth
for future reference
on a need-to-know basis
curdle凝結
allspice五香粉
gives it a zing
bran糠;麥麩;穀皮

1-3
It's time to learn something.
The system ain's perfect.
Sometimes the bad guy wins and all those things you thought would be around to help you, the courts, the police, the lawyers, sometimes they are just not there when you need them. So you can either  leave a hole in your stomach or you can just file it away under the heading "Sometimes life sucks".
that file's getting thicker.
I'll have a Stoli Gibson on the rocks, with three pearl onions.
What if we were in bed together and he dropped dead?
I don't know if he's having a good time or if I've overexcited him to some dangerous level.
Someone certainly has a very high opinion of herself.
burial
casket
caterers
Chateau Certair 75
Beaujolais Nouveau
you were this close to helping me there.
highly educated
sophisticated
at the top of his profession
there's go to be some reasonable explanation.
did you know he had less than 10 percent body fat on him?
I keep running this over and over in my mind.
I can't make any sense of it.
Someone who consumes nothing but cigarettes and cheeseburgers all his life can live to be 83.
and then someone who doesn't smoke, never touches caffeine, and always takes care of himself can die at 40.
It's unfair. Believe me, there's no explanation for it.
the best we can do is live for the little joys and surprises that life affords us.
highlight it in yellow
What trenchant criticism.
chef d'oeuvre
her pompous, sanctimonious style, his constant self-congratulatory references to his own life
her voice, a mock sympathetic tone so sickly sweet
clarinet
brawling
mariachi band

It's a scam.
They pretend to be people in need. They said they were tourists, lost their wallets and just needed a few bucks to take a cab home. They even said, "If you give me your address, I'll send you the money back with interest."
I can't spot a crook right away.
The criminal mind is more complex than you think. They can fool you.
These guys are professionals. They know what to do.
Can I get in on the action?
What truffles are to pigs, so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity.
I don't believe that when a man has paid his debt to society, he deserves a fresh start.
robust
apropos of nothing 順便一提
that is your great shortcoming
distrustful
suspicious
Sometimes, you just have have faith that people are
The man has "community college" written all over him.
This is symptomatic of something wrong between you and Maris.
that's perfectly normal in a  relationship of some years
they have lapsed into this grey, numbing blandness
boudoir
a subject in which you're quite well versed
what do you do when the romance goes out of a relationship
you have to do something to keep things cooking
to used like fantasy, role-playing
gladiator
I reserve the right to say "stop" at any time.
the door was flung open
she stumbled upon the scene
construe
misconstrue
pantaloons
swash my buckle / buckle my swash / 















dais
precinct
gastroenterologist
triumvirate










1-4

1-5

1-6

1-7

1-8

1-9

1-10

1-11

1-12

1-13

1-14


沒有留言:

張貼留言